[Chrysler300] 300C body mount production change?

[Chrysler300] 300C body mount production change?

While I still have the body off the frame of my Dec 28 1956 300C supercharged coupe, I have noticed that the 2nd most rearwards body mount, the one that sits each side behind the rear axle, and just sits on a rubber round block held on the frame, has no bolt though it, has on this car a seperate round multi pressed plate that is directly under it, and affixed uner the floor.

However on my two later 300Cs, around March 1957, this round sperate pressing/plate, of about 6-8 inch rough diameter, is not there, and the steelwork there is as one piece instead shaped as a raised sort of boxlike mound/bracket base.

Anyone know when/if this body production change occurred, and why? - my guess is the seperate plate would be a real rust haven/germinator, and would soon rust out the floor sheetmetal it attached to??

Frame leaves the Welder's tomorrow - the welded on idler arm bracket has taken a bit hit some time, or broken factory welds and been roughly rewelded, which we are fixing - anyone else had such trouble with their 300C ?    Otherwise every factory weld still as good as new, although welder guys cannot believe how rough/crude they look.

Christopher Australia, burning some dollar a litre gas in my driver 300C today

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)