From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:35 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C body mount production change?

> While I still have the body off the frame of my Dec 28 1956 300C
supercharged coupe, I have noticed that the 2nd most rearwards body mount,
the one that sits each side behind the rear axle, and just sits on a rubber
round block held on the frame, has no bolt though it, has on this car a
seperate round multi pressed plate that is directly under it, and affixed
uner the floor.

> However on my two later 300Cs, around March 1957, this round sperate
pressing/plate, of about 6-8 inch rough diameter, is not there, and the
steelwork there is as one piece instead shaped as a raised sort of boxlike
mound/bracket base.

> Anyone know when/if this body production change occurred, and why? - my
guess is the seperate plate would be a real rust haven/germinator, and would
soon rust out the floor sheetmetal it attached to??

> Frame leaves the Welder's tomorrow - the welded on idler arm bracket has
taken a bit hit some time, or broken factory welds and been roughly
rewelded, which we are fixing - anyone else had such trouble with their 300C
?    Otherwise every factory weld still as good as new, although welder guys
cannot believe how rough/crude they look.

> Christopher Australia, burning some dollar a litre gas in my driver 300C
today

> ------------------------------------

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to