[Chrysler300] correction re 300's bolt head stamping

[Chrysler300] correction re 300's bolt head stamping

Thank you to those who pointed out the correct letter stamping of Chrysler bolts used on early 300s.  I had mainly noted they are usually in a square arrangement, sort of DDCC looking like, and now I realise where I was wrong - that each stands for the various Divisions, and the four correct letters.

Another two corrections, the second set of cast numbers on the diff centre is 335, not 355, as I said earlier, and the stamping on the diff centre nuts, actually looks more like a sunken square than a D, plus you can make out a little dot - over to those more knowledgeable that can now say who their maker/supplier was.  And one final point re the diff in the car - it still has the early type (300C original) uni joint, not the later (60s sometime?) more easily available one - so it may/should still be the original diff/centre? But one would think the actual centre would be marked as some sort of limited slip, rather than stamping the housing, unless this done for assembly line purposes - the stamping is on most easily seen/describable place?!  Or else it is just a stamping on all 300C diffs?!

Christopher 3pm and a not too hot 101 degrees outside

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)