Re: Ang: [Chrysler300] 61 Grille

>From the files of my personal experiences ------- back in 1966 I bought a 1961 New Yorker 2 dr. HT. It had the CHRYSLER embossed along the top of the grill. In the winter of  1967/68 a careless
truckdriver by the name of Dorland Myers, driving for a company called Womeldorf out of Pennsylvania backed into my car in a rest area on Interstate 90 outside of Ashtabula, OH. I had the car repaired at a bodyshop in my hometown of Utica, NY. The replacement grill surround DID NOT have the embossed CHRYSLER on it. There you have it.

Guy Morice
300E
Oswego, IL

-----Original Message-----
From: 055160308@xxxxxxxxxxxx <055160308@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MRS954@xxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 9:52 am
Subject: Ang: [Chrysler300] 61 Grille

Hello group.
I heard an explanation to this once since I have seen several 61 with 62 grill
urrounds.
 was told that after 1962 the 1961 grill went out of stock and Chrysler
id'nt make them
nymore because of that they had the 62 grill.
 1961 car that was in an accident after the 61 grills went out of the dealer
tock, they took
 62 grill as it was almost the same. No use for Chrysler to have two grills
hat was almost similar
n stock. That's why many Chrysler 1961 has 62 grills. Almost always replaced
y a Chrysler dealer..
n explanation that makes sence to me anyway.... True or not? It's up to you
o decide....
hen I write grill I mean the surround of course.
          Best regards... Johan 300-G20Conv. with a 61 grill surround....