From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of richard_e_osborne
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:59 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Pop goes the G

Howdy,

Just took the G out to get some chili dogs.I had to jump the car as the
battery wasn't strong enough to start it (been 5 or 6 weeks since I had it
out).

On the way home, while on the freeway going about 70 or 75 MPH, the engine
appeared to die. I was cruising, not accelerating or decelerating. The
engine noise went away and I could tell there was now power as I was
modulating the gas pedal lightly, the tach was under 1000 rpm. This lasted
for about 3 or 4 seconds, then POP!!!! out the tailpipes. It was loud, I'm
pretty sure the guy beside me soiled his trousers (as I almost did myself).
The loud pop was the result of raw fuel in the exhaust system.

Anyways, after the pop, the engine came back to life. It drove all the way
home with no further issues. Chili dogs were yummie.

Last time I had the car out, we did an extended slow cruise along a river. 2
or 3 miles at 15 mph or less. It was a fairly warm day. Towards the end of
the slow cruise, the same thing happened, twice, where the engine lost
power, but didn't shut off. After modulating the gas a few times, it would
wake back up. Just no popping, but that was due to low rpm cruise and not
getting the chance to fill exhaust system with raw fuel.

Idle has ben higher than normal, I need to look at the carbs, just haven't
had a chance. I need to see if they are dumping raw fuel into engine.

What do you think? Any chance this could be related to my overcharging
issue?

Thanks,

Richard Osborne

<*> Your email settings: