  From: Edward Mills Antique Tractors
  To: pennsy300@xxxxxxx
  Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 7:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Vibration

  If the problem is new with the tires, I would look there. Typically tire
  vibration due to balance problems are frequency (speed) driven but the
  harmonic tends to be around 60-70 MPH on most passenger tires and
  critical speed increases with tire diameter. 45-50 would be a bit low
  but still worth checking balance - but FIRST I would jack it up and spin
  fronts and look for out of round tire or wheel. Best is probably to put
  a brick or some reference at edge of tread and see if distance changes
  as tire rotates - probably should be less than 1/8 inch variation. If
  fronts are good, you could swap rears to front to see if the problem
  stays same of changes and of course look for out-of-round before you put
  car back down. Then take it back to where tires were balanced and ask
  them to recheck - its possible they made a mistake or you threw a weight
  - but look for large amounts of weights as they tend to indicate tire /
  wheel problems. Its also possible tires rotated on wheel - the old 15's
  tend to fit looser than the 14's and I have seen it happen on race cars
  - typically when too much tire lube was used AND too much HP applied
  suddenly - but as I said the older wheels are looser fit and would be
  more prone to such a problem. .

  pennsy300@xxxxxxx wrote:

  > My 300D convert (with the new Coker radials) has a significant vibration,
  > but only between 45 and 50 mph. Above or below this speed all is just
  > perfect. My question: Is this characteristic typical of tire problems,
  > wheel
  > alignment, or something else? I sure would like to get it fixed. Thanx
  > for whatever help is out there. Terry McTaggart
  > **************Mortgage rates drop to record lows. $200,000 for $1,029/mo
  > Fixed. LendingTree®
  > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222653866x1201461148/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.lendingtree.com%2Fborrower%2Falliance%2Ffrom.as
  > <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222653866x1201461148/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.lendingtree.com%2Fborrower%2Falliance%2Ffrom.as>
  > p%3Fwhereto%3Dpromopagev3%26promo%3D00279%26loan%5Ftype%3D2%26source%3D28895
  > 60%26esourceid%3D2889560%26800num%3D1%2D800%2D289%2D3915%26AdType%3D2)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)