Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Vibration Update

If the troublesome vibration had transferred completly from the D to the F that would be a good indication that there is a D tire/wheel issue. But it didn't, as I read. And, you now have other issues with the F.

As to the F' Brake vibration is most likely in the brakes. An out of round drum most likely.

I have very recently and multiple times in the past encountered bent hubs. They were bent during the wheel stud removal/replacement process required when a brake drum is replaced. Proper tools to do this obsolete job can be hard to find. This will bring about all your described problems.

Tires not centered and seated properly on the hub and then over tightened and/or tightened unevenly will cause all of the problems you have outlined and back to your first post.. It is always best to make sure that the hubs are running true and that all threaded wheel  fasteners are in good condition or best yet, brand new.

Hand torqueing wheels is always recommended. All wheels leaving my shop are hand torqued to factory spec for no other reason than to avoid creating the very problems your are having.

I have succesfully balanced brake drums for older cars off the car using a now really obsolete piece of equipment; bubble wheel balancer.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

You described moving tires around. If you really mean tires and not wheels and tires moving together then the mounting/balancing operation of course introduced another variable./WRA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)