[Chrysler300] An open letter to the club's members and its repro committ

[Chrysler300] An open letter to the club's members and its repro committee from New Zealand

____________________________________
 From: kclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: JettLarry@xxxxxxx
CC:  finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 6/22/2009 2:11:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight  Time
Subj: RE: [Chrysler300] Ram dashpot needed

Thanks  Larry,
I  myself have brought 2 of ebay that didn’t work, and cost a lot of
money.
Yes  it is very annoying, My Polara has power steering, and everytime I
slow  down to a stop, or pull a slow u turn under full lock the car stalls due
to  the antistall dash pot not working.
The  other option is to get a higher stall torque converter.
It  makes a ram car un drivable and painful.
I  am a precision engineer and am managing a press tool / engineering
factory.
We  could do the tooling and repro the metal parts, or anything else
needed.
Questions:
How  big would the first order be/How many in the future?
Who  could put the diaphragms in, or supply the right diaphragms to us to
assemble?
We  would need a decent order to make the project cost effective and
viable?
Who  would cover tooling costs?
I  pulled one of mine apart and can see the inner workings, they are not to
 complicated.
A  ram engine has a vacuum of around 14”, so I guess the dashpot should
move  freely within this range.
I  tested one of mine with up 25” of vacuum and it didn’t even  move.
Important  question: Can we get a generic readily available dashpot and
install it on the  ram dash pot bracket?
Are  dashpots rated differently for different applications.
Pass  this around the club members , see if theres any  feedback.

Regards
Kris