From: mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx <mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx>
To: MRS954@xxxxxxx
Cc: mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; yelof@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, Jun 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] -'63 300 fuel/hot engine

In my many years of studying engines I've heard the story several times about coolant flowing too fast through the radiator!? I don't buy it!? Remember that the flow rate through the block is the same as the flow rate through the radiator.? That means if you give the coolant more time to lose heat in the radiator you are also giving it more time to gain heat in the engine block---------result is still HOT.

My only conclusion then is the radiator is too small for the conditions it's used in (unlikely), it has lost cooling capacity because of clogged water passages in the core (or thermostat), or insufficient air flow through the radiator core.? Of course there is a vast list of potential?mechanical problems with the engine that can produce excessive heat that a properly functioning cooling system is unable to handle.

Marshall in Florida

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: