[Chrysler300] Power Steering Fluid Cooler

[Chrysler300] Power Steering Fluid Cooler

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if it's necessary. Shouldn't
the seals, etc. in the pump be able to withstand the heat that is
transferred from the engine ? Additionally, my concern would be the
introduction of additional hoses into the equation, which can leak or split.

Ron

>I recommend that you install a power steering fluid cooler to prolong the
>life of the pump.  We used a transmission cooler for a 2001 GMC 1500 series
>4-wheel drive pick-up that mounted neatly to the front of the radiator yoke
>on the driver's side.  We routed the hoses around the battery and through
>existing cut outs in the radiator yoke.  After driving the car for
>prolonged periods with the engine nice and hot, one can hold the power
>steering cooler return hose and it is just lukewarm.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)