Re: [Chrysler300] Power Steering Fluid Cooler

Ron Waters wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if it's necessary. Shouldn't
> the seals, etc. in the pump be able to withstand the heat that is
> transferred from the engine ? Additionally, my concern would be the
> introduction of additional hoses into the equation, which can leak or split.
>
> Ron
>
>> I recommend that you install a power steering fluid cooler to prolong the
>> life of the pump.  We used a transmission cooler for a 2001 GMC 1500 series
>> 4-wheel drive pick-up that mounted neatly to the front of the radiator yoke
>> on the driver's side.  We routed the hoses around the battery and through
>> existing cut outs in the radiator yoke.  After driving the car for
>> prolonged periods with the engine nice and hot, one can hold the power
>> steering cooler return hose and it is just lukewarm.

Ma Mopar has done this in the past, used Coolers on the PS cars.
Look at the taxi/cop car pumps from the 60's and 70's  Attached to the pumps or
the steering box I recall.

Also you can visit your local boneyards and see the coolers on the Sebring verts
(our 98 had it as a standard part)
Probably 5x the cooling capacity of the previously mentioned unit.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hers:  http://in09.endcancer.org/goto/Cindy.Holmgren

<*> Your email settings: