Re: [Chrysler300] 300L - severely rusted brake shoes and brake drums

Re: [Chrysler300] 300L - severely rusted brake shoes and brake drums

  Story related to me by LH Garlinghouse many years ago. He was a young civilian engineer working on a dock in CA I believe and encountered the following problem some time during WW II..

  The problem was to move a big old crain, that did not normally move, expeditiously; wartime conditions and all. Solution that Les et al came up with was to appropriate a shiip load of government banannas from down the dock. The banannas spread on the dock worked as a tremendously effective high pressure, low stick slip lubricant  Low invironmental impact? Les was a young hero that day. Les, when I worked for him, would have a bananna with lunch sometimes.

  On the walking tour at Glen Canyon Dam, you will walk past a much used concrete placing bucket mounted on a platform that was used to finish the dam on schedule. That bucket is a small example as the 'real' buckets Les designed were 4X larger in capacity and were totally successful replacements for the first very inadequate pieces built by others that were originally sourced for the job. Big hero again.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional