From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300G speedometer problem
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2009, 3:33 PM

Hey gang,
Coming back from the Maine meet I noticed my speedo had stopped working, without making any noise when it quit. Today I did the usual troubleshooting: disconnected the cable, drove the car, the cable turned. Reached up and spun the back of the head, and the needle moved. Pulled the cable out of the housing, wiped it off, relubed it. Put a couple drops of sewing machine oil on the head while I was in there. Reconnected cable and drove the car. Had to go through a few stops signs before I could get up to speed. Speedo was reading 5 mph, though I figured I was probably going up to more like 15 mph. By the time I got past the 4 blocks or so to where I could hit 35 mph, the speedo stopped registering at all. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy Mikonis
Chicago

<*> Your email settings: