[Chrysler300] Tyres for my L sorted

Hi all well its been a long but interesting read concerning rim failure using radials, etc etc. For us here in Australia we are very ltd to anything 14". I managed to find a set of 14" white line tyres for my stock rims and they fit and perform ok but. I was only using those rims for concourse show & shines and found a set of 15"x8" American racing torque thrust II's with a set of 225/70/R15 Road master(Cooper tyre) 3/4" whiteline radials to be the perfect fit on those mags.
Its a nice dress up but still has that stock tyre look.
I do find the old 14" rims to flex and creak and make the hubcaps pop on 1 wheel ocasionally. I carefully bend the hubcap edges and that stopped them popping but the noise they make from the hubcaps flexing on the road is embarressing at low speed to be honest.
I have decided to leave the 8" mags and tyres on for better handling, safety and look.Never been happier now that i can scoot around corners without worrying i'm going to loose a cap!
Im sure the concourse crew here will not agree but if i drive my Brute every sunday I want to enjoy that drive and know im safe with the bigger mags and tyres.
Each to there own
cheers
Jeff

<*> Your email settings: