RE: [Chrysler300] Powder Coating Removal

Your comment reminds me of a conversation I had with John Hertog a few years ago with regards to powder coating engines and other parts where the look of original finish is desired. While powder coating makes sense for many parts, there are just as many others that just don't look right when they're powder coated.

Ryan Hill

To: rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:25:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Powder Coating Removal

Hi Bob -

I thought about that, but the surface is like glass, so I may have trouble
getting the paint to adhere.

I just pulled it out of the box again and the powder coat has leveled the
normal rough appearance of the m/c, making it look like it's made from
plastic. So I'm leaning towards removing it and going from there.

Ron

> Ron,
>
> Just another thought, clean up the surface and spray it with Cast Blast
> from
> Eastwood. The powder coat makes a good primer and the part will then have
> an original look with less work than stripping.
>
> Bob J
>
> _____

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional