[Chrysler300] Undercoating on Mopars

My father and uncle were partners in a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership in
northern Wisconsin beginning in 1960.  They ordered undercoating on every
car for stock/inventory.  They also tried to convince every customer on a
new factory order to include undercoating.  The reason is that the
undercoating made a noticeable reduction in the amount of road noise inside
the cabin of the car, as compared to a car without undercoating.  At the
time, undercoating only cost about $19 extra.

It is also probable that Chrysler Corp encouraged ordering of the
undercoat.  I do not recall that it was standard or included on any
particular model, but it might have been.

My father's dealership never did undercoating themselves even though they
had a body shop.  Of course, there were others that did it, e.g., Ziebart,
etc.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: