Re: [Chrysler300] new axel & bearing 1964 300

Re: [Chrysler300] new axel & bearing 1964 300

Axles are the same side to side according to my parts books for '64. You
need to know just exactly what you have now in the way of length, diameter,
sure grip or non, and ratio etc.

Bearings;
OEM Chrysler #698-400 bearing, 698-400 race
NAPA #'s 25877 and 25821 respectively

Seals:
2070-788 inner and 2265-811 outer
NAPA 46112 and 47367

Might as well do 'em all on both sides while you are at it
in which case you will need 2 of everything.

If your car has been sitting a for years in different (hot-cold-humid)
climes I'll just about bet you will find evidence of pitting etc on the
bottom of the races. I know I did on mine and it proved to be the source of
the noise in the rear I had been experiencing for years in the F.

Good Luck!!

Dave Schwandt