RE: [Chrysler300] new axel & bearing 1964 300

RE: [Chrysler300] new axel & bearing 1964 300

Hi all

Your bearings are likely Timken. These bearing sets are referred to as cup &
cone. Each has it's own number stamp on the edge of the race.
A magnifying glass helps. These bearings also have a simple no. that
identifies them as a set. For example, on my 57 300C, the front spindle sets
where C4 for outer set and C5 inner . That may not be exact. These no's are
not on the bearings.

A little tidbit regarding service required on the rear axel cup & cone set.
I learned when rebuilding the rear end on my 57 300, the bearing is not
lubricated by the gear oil in the housing. The bearing has to be removed and
hand packed like the front spindle bearings. 57 to 62 housings have a inner
seal to prevent the gear oil passing into the bearing cavity. Then there is
a outer seal that presses into the backing plate to prevent grease going
into the brakes or dirt getting into the bearing.

I have some limited stock on seals listed below. I am clearing out stock and
offering at $4 ea. net. I can ship in the lower 48 in a small padded
envelope for $1 ea seal, $2 min. I have sold some, If you have interest then
I will do a physical stock check.

I am discontinuing parts sales and discounting all my parts stock 10% or
more.  I finally got a car off to paint and another to follow. Way to much
work and not enough time . If you have an interest in new, and some NOS
parts, contact me and I will send you back a list.

Seals, grease:
Front wheels 57- 62 C full size.
56 C,  except 7&8 pass wagon; 66 - 72 all full size w/ disc brakes; 57-61 DS
all; 55-61 D full size all; 66-72 D.

Front wheels: 63 to 72 full size

Differential housing seals: Inner, 57 to 62; outer(backing plate) 57 to 62.

Thank you,
Gary, the parts doc
Reno, Nevada 89521 USA
The Biggest Little City In The World