Fw: [Chrysler300] More on Daytona Beach in 1958.

See attachment.

----- Original Message -----
From: Burton Bouwkamp
To: Gil Cunningham
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:20 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] More on Daytona Beach in 1958.

I was not at Daytona Beach in 1958 but according to the Daytona Beach Morning Journal, the attachment shows what happened in the Class 7 Flying Mile event. 1958 was an all Pontiac show. They swept the first six places.
300D's came in 7th (Larry Rouse) and 8th (Herb Wiseman) - about 10 MPH slower than the first place Pontiac.

Chrysler Engineering was not involved because of an automotive industry agreement in 1957 - commonly called "the AMA agreement" - not to promote or support vehicle performance or racing activities.

1958 was the last year for Chrysler's 392 cu. in. hemi engine.

Burt Bouwkamp