Re: [Chrysler300] Disconnecting a Torqueflite cable

Re: [Chrysler300] Disconnecting a Torqueflite cable

I had no idea what a universal head scratcher this question was before I
put it up on the list server.  It actually turns out to be a pretty
tricky little detail that either you know or you don't know - the usual
process of fiddling around with something until the light dawns doesn't
play here.

I got great advice from several of you, but the very most complete and
helpful came from Marv Raguse who wrote up a complete tutorial for me,
along with some excellent close-up photos of the situation.  And that
really worked to solve the problem.

Since I can't upload photos to the list server I'll just suggest that
anyone who wants to avail himself of this complete "bulletin" either
contact Marv to ask him to send you the same, or email me and I'll
gladly forward it as he sent it to me.

Thanks to all who responded.

Keith Boonstra

-

keboonstra wrote:

> I hate to ask a question so rudimentary in the presence of so many so
> erudite, but here goes.
> My '57 C is in the body shop now where they have lifted out the engine
> and transmission as a unit. They disconnected the trans control cable
> at the pushbuttons to remove it from the chassis. Now they want to
> remove the cable from the transmission, and are red-faced that after
> many futile attempts (and even after I faxed them pages of
> instructions from the Chrysler service manual) the cable remains
> firmly snapped into the case. For obvious reasons they would like to
> remain nameless (and I, unfortunately, cannot).
> Can someone help out by explaining clearly the way to go about
> releasing the cable retention clip?
> Thanks.
>
> Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings: