Re: [Chrysler300] Quarter mile

Relatively heavy car needs torque and gears to
get moving.  The 3.91s would be my choice.  Need
some good rubber to help get it moving as well as
sure-grip to get both wheels driving.  Otherwise
you will have to drive it out of the hole and
feed the power as it starts moving.  Don't know
if this is the 350 or 375 motor but all these
motors are just about out of gas at 5200-5300
RPM, especially with stock exhaust systems.
They'll rev higher but you probably are losing
time holding it in gear.  Use the best premium
you can find and set the timing to just avoid
ping under load.  I've never used lead additive
in my engines, not really sure if it is needed.

Keep us posted.

Bill Huff

At 4/28/201010:42 PM, mckanical-marvels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>My first car, (forty years ago), was a '64 Fury that I had dropped a 413
>engine in. I left the engine stock, including the carb. It was not an HP
>engine, but that is all I know about it. I did a lot of street drag racing.
>I had 3.23:1 gears. The valves/springs "floated" at 5000 rpm. No one EVER
>beat me out of the hole, but toward the end of the quarter I ran out of
>power and felt like I was coasting. That's where they would catch up with
>me!
>
>In February I purchased my "K Koop". It has a 413 HP, single carb, dual
>point dist., and 2.76:1 gears. I want to take it to nostalgia drag race
>events. I have 3.23 and 3.91 gears on hand.
>1) What would be the optimum gear ratio for the quarter mile, (using stock
>diameter tires)?
>2) What is the best oil or oil/additive combo?
>3) What rpm's can I expect out of this engine?
>4) What fuel is recommended?
>5) Should I always use lead additive in the fuel?
>
>More questions later, as I think of them!
>
>Thanx,
>Troy McKenzie
>K Koop Koot
>Meyersdale, PA