RE: [Chrysler300] question

No one else has ventured this yet - if the smoke is coming out a breather or filler cap on a valve cover, when the motor is running?! - then that can be a sign the motor is worn, has done a lot of work and maybe the piston rings are shot/worn out, or some other 'wear issue'. V8 motors can get like this after about 100.000 - 150,000 miles, or if over heated so badly, such the rings lose tension, etc, etc.  Speedo reading will give a first clue if the car has done many. lots of, miles - that if speedo reading is original, not tampered with?!

Christopher Australia - 1st day of winter here tomorrow

To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: pgreen413@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 23:20:15 -0400
Subject: [Chrysler300] question

I have a question. I have just recieved my new to me 300K.
NOTHING on the inside works, windows,seats,lights. Also..
The headlights and tailights don't work either. There is also
smoke coming from...it looks like the valve covers.
Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank You,
Phil

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional