Re: [Chrysler300] Overheating revisited

Anti-freeze is also a coolant. But what really prevents the water from boiling is the Pressure Cap.
All modern engines run at about 240 degrees as a normal temp. The pressure is what keeps it from boiling.
Don't worry so much about your fan, it's the loss of pressure that allows it to boil.
That's why you can't take a cap off a hot engine, it will instantly boil and actually turn to steam. Bad news for the cap remover!

Widely different temps, and many other variables are engineered into modern engines and metals and scratching our heads over them just wastes time, they work incredibly well.
Ray