Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Armrest Support

Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Armrest Support

Hi Murray,

It comes as a surprise to me that you have been developing reproductions
of the '57-'59 armrests.  I and others have put in considerable work to
arrange to replicate them as a club project because no one seemed to
have good ones on their car, and no one seemed to be working on
replication.  We are now poised to proceed with prototyping and production.

There was a whole lot of chatter back and forth a few months back on the
list server about the need for these.  If you entered the discussion at
that time to indicate your interest in the reproduction of the armrests,
I, for one, certainly missed it.  I think we would all benefit from
finding out more about your plans.  Because this is a hobby - and not a
competition - there is no value whatsoever in duplicating each other's
effort.  If you've got a better mousetrap, let's see it.

How are yours going to be produced?  Are you going to create an
injection mold or use some other process?
How accurate will yours be compared to the shape of the armrests as they
were when new?
Will they have structural improvements over the originals in the areas
of the mounting screw bosses?
Will the surface have a "semi-gloss" look?
Will they be in the beige color or will they have to be painted by the
buyer?
Will they hold their molded shape better than the originals?
Can you have them available sometime sooner than next summer?
Will you be able to price them in the area of $100 per pair, or possibly
even less?

Murray, it seems to me either the club or you should probably abandon
the project, and the other should go forward.  What'cha got?

Thanks.

Keith Boonstra
Holland, Michigan

Murray wrote:

> Hello, I have reproductions in the works. They will hopefully be done
> by next summer.
> Murray Park

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional