From: mckanical-marvels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 10:37 AM
To: Ryan Hill
Cc: Chrysler 300
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] I have a 'G idea!

Ryan is right on with everything he said. Measure everything.....then,
measure again! A defective tire can also make a car pull really hard. It is
very important that you make sure the rear axle housing is in alignment and
tracking properly too.
Troy "K" Koop McKenzie
>From the highest county in PA

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:27:07 -0700
Ryan Hill <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>

> If there was a section of subframe grafted in, it should be checked at an alignment shop to ensure all of the key points are within allowable tollerances. If they are, an alignment to factory settings should eliminate any effects of the accident damage. If the subframe is bent or the new grafted on portions were not placed correctly, you would need to have that corrected before you could ever align the car properly. Basically, if its bent beyond the scope of adjustment, you'll never get it aligned properly. You're not only concerned about toe-in, caster and camber would play a bigger part when it comes to pulling to the left or right, assuming all other components are working correctly.
>
> Ryan Hill (Vancouver, B.C.)
>
> '65 Chrysler 300
>
> '68 Dodge Charger
>

> To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:19:20 -0700
> Subject: [Chrysler300] I have a 'G idea!
>

> Hello everyone in 300sville!
>
> Well, after all checked out down at a local place hear, my G was pulling to the left abruptly because front bearings had to be replaced, adjustments were made a little looser and tighter than some of my adjustments, and that's it I think folks! All front suspension components seemed fine, wheel cylinders and brake hoses seemed fine (so another fellow who works there told me). I should have had Dave, their '300 guy', that I call there do it but he had to work on other things. Okay, enough! So movin' on, I don't know if I ever stated on this listserver that my G had been hit in an accident pretty darn hard on the left front!! Part of the subframe, the front right corner 'pieces', were from another car and were welded into place on mine in the 60s or 70s likely. I have a bad feeling that that might have something to do with it! The whole time I have had Melissa, (my G), I'ts been pulling to the right, sometimes more than others. I have had her now for 10
> years and went through entire brakes at leaste 5 to 6 times since day 1. ...........Now, hears an idea, why can't I just 'toe in' my right front wheel 3 to 4 turns of the tie rods and maybe 1 to 2 turns to 'toe in' my left front!!?? Think It's woth a shot? Sure, it will be more wear on my tires but maybe that's necessary to override or correct the problem. It would be like 'robbing Peter a little to pay Paul'. If a former accident is my problem, it will be simpler than a whole subframe change!Any suggestions? Thank you kindly in advance and I'll see you all at Carmel!!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)