Re: [Chrysler300] 57 - 59 grill U nuts

On 8/19/2010 2:09 PM, Keith Boonstra wrote:

> And here's the rest of the story -- Rusty parts like my grill U-nuts
> that are too small or intricate to sandblast can be a real PIA, but this
> worked so slick I gotta tell you how I did it.

snip

> Keith Boonstra

ages ago when faced with a pile of nuts and bolts to clean/blast
I got hold of a 4"x18" 1/4" thick metal plate and had 5 each of 5 sizes
of NC and NF nuts welded to one side, and on the other side I had 5 each
of 5 sizes of NC and NF short bolts welded to this plate.

(NC = National course,  NF = National Fine)

for bolts, screw your assortment into the nuts on the plate until full
or you're out of ones to clean and blast away,  ditto on the other side,
just thread the various nuts onto the bolt threads sticking up from the
plate and Ta-Da clean stuff. with out having to blast fingers or toes.
The plates heavy enough to stay in place as you work on your fasteners.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy

<*> Your email settings: