Re: [Chrysler300] Rough 'G' Idle in Drive

Re: [Chrysler300] Rough 'G' Idle in Drive

Hello Michael & everyone!

Wow! That is sweet! Very interesting.....it makes one wonder (replying to Michael). Speaking of wondering, I'm wondering about my luck. All that work getting the exhaust manifold out and I might of damaged the heat riser! The exhaust leak is as bad as ever and I replaced ALL gaskets correctly and even had to unbolt (4 bolts), the right side intake manifold and some linkages and hoses and lift the intake manifold up far enough to get the exhaust manifold out. In doing so has made the idle run very high now as if I jammed something open or a certain way or.........???  At any rate, not only did I more than likely damage the heat riser, but seemed to have maybe screwed up the carb as well by raising up the intake manifold for exhaust manifold to CLEAR! Yuk!! Anyways, I hope I'm wrong. If not, it will be a learning experience. Oh yeah, as for my fuel issue, this last time, it was NOT out of gas. I just filled it!! It's got to be my fuel pump.
 Here was my evening: After spending literally about 2 days 'slapping her back'... I'm nervous... I ATTEMPT to start her up and I can't. Once I roll her back level (in case the incline on the jack combined with my already sloped driveway was the problem), I succesfully start her (aided with pouring a little fuel in the carbs) and first off here a leak as mentioned earlier worse than ever occures. The Idle is very high for 8 to 12 seconds approx. and then DIES!! Oh, I'm having a 'great' time at this point!
 In closing, It's only $. I'll keep you all updated! Suggestions?

Sincerely & 300ly, Brandt H J w/ a G (still 'stuck' w/ same closing).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)