Re: [Chrysler300] Tach Cable Lube & Console - 300H

Re: [Chrysler300] Tach Cable Lube & Console - 300H

  A very durable option on finishing the polished aluminum would be to
use a body shop 2K urethane clear.  I think I'd put just a touch of
flatting agent in it so it looks more like the original anodizing and
not too glossy.  Just remember, though, that you can't buff at all on a
flatted finish like that or you will turn it glossy again.  The satin is
only the very top of the finish surface.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 9/29/2010 11:10 PM, 2HsandaHeritage@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have my console out and think that now is the time to lube the tach
> cable.
>
> The archives don't say much about what type and how much to use.
>
> All suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> I am installing seat covers, seat foam, carpet and winnlacing from
> Gary - The original carpet is still there! - Was covered by another
> layer.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find the rubber gromets that fit in the
> floor pan that the seat bolts go thru?
>
> I am having the aluminum console trim strips polished and don't want
> to have them re-anodized. Is there a recommended clear finish to use
> to prevent oxidation?
>
> Doug Warrener
>
> Fair Oaks, CA
>
> 300H