[Chrysler300] '57-60 300/Imperial rear brake shoe query

[Chrysler300] '57-60 300/Imperial rear brake shoe query

1st Question?
I am helping putting the rear brakes back together on a '60 Imperial which I believe will have same basic brakes at rear as our 300s? and I notice BOTH newly relined shoes for each drum have the same length linings.

Now if you have twin piston brakes, as on the front of say '57 300C, then both shoes linings will be same length, BUT CORRECT ME IF I WRONG?!, where two brake shoes work off the one same cylinder, the shoe that is at the front, IS ALWAYS SHORTER LINING !!! (this because the front shoe 'gets sucked onto drum' by the rotation, whereas rear one has to force itself out, therefore shorter lining equalises for greater application force gained on it?!

Anyhow my question is should one shoe on each side on Mopar rear brake assemblies (always) be shorter lining, as is always usual on non mopars/etc?

2nd question? Are most 60s Mopars mongrels to work on, apart from my loved '57 300Cs. Like I did some under dash a/c work on a '68 Imperial, plus now on door glass mountings and wipers of a '70 Cuda - what a nasty little thing to get back on is the washer and clip that holds the wiper rods onto the wiper arm that has a rubber sleeve over the end you trying to get it on upsed down in the small cowl opening!!?? Plus, the whole wiper internal gear has been stripped by the (worn slightly riveted) articulated arm of d/s wiper arm hitting the stainless trim across base of screen - and how do you fix that, the motor is sealed/riveted at factory??! Plus I see on ebay, they ask up to $90 for the riveted d/s articulated arm s/hand in good order - a maybe common 70s Mopar wiper fault/failing, as rivet allows slop/play?!
And re our 300s, how about the rear axle brake line junction/connector that your flexible hose off the body goes down onto on the diff - like has every US mechanic busted the way it bolts to the diff on every '57-60 300/Mopar??!  And the fiddly way the '60 dash switches and instruments are fitted up to the dash and the wiring all connected. etc etc??! (And then the steering column mounted cruise control knob stops you getting the instrument cluster out??!)
I used to be a great Mopar supporter re friends putting them down, but boy they must have been nightmares rer costs of ever fixing so simple things on other cars  - any wonder lessor marques such as Cadillac ran Imperials into sales oblivion on my briefest encounters - like what a crazy way the body side quarter windows go in a '60 Imperial Convert and then same glass top stops are set/adjusted - I hope 300Fs and G converts do not have such a stress making system? It looks like factory, that they put 'backyard ammateur looking' Phillips head screw with a nut under the head, as the only way they could get anything screwed into the frame at rear stop??! Hardly clever design?

Did Mopars get worse after the late 50s - like the 'pre 60s 300s' seem not too bad to work on?
Like is that what helped killed sales?! Owners burnt by things so hard to get to/fix?! They not buying Mopar again?

Christopher in Australia - crazy cold wet weather continues here - big, once in a 100 year, floods over much of eastern half of nation, and today jumper weather here, strong winds, sleety rain, like July/mid winter, not summer. Massive northern summer thunderstorm hail size of baseballs on nation's holiday north east coast Thursday. And elsewhere, many cherry crops/etc ruined by rain, and southern grain farmers battling weather that seems to be winning re grain either being worthless or downgraded to feed, that if it not feet under water. And locusts going thru headers as grain stripped, are in places so bad, they contaminating grain further as they smashed to nothing.
My 300s been undercover for months due to wet/showery weather since May, but Christmas day here tipped to be mid 90s, which will only be our 4th over 90 day since May - unbelievable.

ps Gil, re your recent observations re fender mirrors - on this '60 Imperial, it was Factory fitted that the right side fender mirror only misses power aerial by 'just nothing' - maybe it was the same on 300 G and Fs?!

Merry Christmas to all overseas, drive those 300s, as soon enough, another year will soon have come and gone?! May it be a beauty/ripper for all, with lots of better/300ly times. I may see some of you if I get to the big 2011 meet, that a news year's wish/resolution.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)