RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Master Brake Cylinder

RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Master Brake Cylinder

The 1957 300C rubber hose(NAPA PART #27048) from the bottom of the Master
cylinder is attached to a steel line that screws into the brass junction box
on the frame. The line is easy to remove if you first take it off at the
brass junction block.

The steel line has some special long fittings, so if you replace the steel
line be sure to reuse the fittings.

When the 300C came from the factory, the rubber hose screwed directly into
the master cylinder. Upon replacing the original master cylinder, the
replacement came with a brass fitting which added about 3/8 inch to the
overall length of the complete line. If you are replacing the steel line, it
is a good idea to shorted it so there is not such a twist (bend)in the
rubber line.

I have been told that the 300D only has a steel line and no rubber line.

John Chesnutt, Portland, OR 1957 300C - Purchased July 1958.