  From: Richard Barber
  To: 'Warren Anderson' ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; 'Mark Souders' ; 'John'
  Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:21 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Delta/Bar Wing Air Cleaners

  Someone has done a lot of research, although it still looks incomplete,
  especially as regards MoPar stuff. See: http://tinyurl.com/4ef2z8j or:
  http://www.pontiacsafari.com/L1EarlyV8Pontiacs/56DualQuad/BatwingAircleanerG
  uide.pdf

  This website documents with pictures the following: '56 Pontiac, 54-56 Cad,
  '57 Eldo, 55-56 Chry, 55-57 Chev.

  I'm pretty sure I've also seen a batwing mounted on a dual-carb Buick
  straight eight. Some '60's Buick Rivera's had dual quads, but apparently no
  batwing. And, some 57 T-Birds and sedans had dual quads but no batwing.
  '55 Packard Caribbean apparently had a batwing.

  Note that Cadillac has fancy chrome knobs to hold the batwing to the carbs
  and the cans to the batwing.

  And, am I correct in my recollection that all of these air cleaners were
  made by Rochester Carburetor?

  Googling various combinations of batwing and make produces a lot of sites to
  visit. A complete encyclopedic photo essay would be helpful as some of
  these air cleaners are works of art.

  Rich Barber

  Brentwood, CA