To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; mavche@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:29:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300 J

Hi All,

I'm in the process of getting my newly acquired 300 J on the road. Among other things, it needed new brake cylinders and lines and all were replaced. The brake linings and drums all looked good with no leakage or unusual wear. Now, during driving and moderately hard braking, the car pulls strongly to the left. After stopping, the right front drum is very hot. The brakes were adjusting according to the service manual. We are going to pull the right front wheel and examine it, but any suggestions before we do so would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al

What we do not know is if you are experiencing a new problem or finding an existing one.

Let's say you have an old problem; my guess. You need to have the drums carefully trued, minimum to clean, on a drum lathe and the brake shoes arced to fit the drums. You already have new hoses and cylinders. As 'new' cylinders for your car could have been sitting on a shelf for an extremely long time and be sticky, lets check that out too. All hardware should be new also. Proper lube on all metal to metal rub points. These are 'sleeper' points ignored by most that can cause your problem.

Tires and wheels that do not match can be a factor. Also worn out front end parts. And, rear wheel brakes can cause directional problems during braking as well as can the front brakes.

Warren Anderson,Sedona, Az

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: