Re: [Chrysler300] repop ram wire bracket

Re: [Chrysler300] repop ram wire bracket

All:
It is great that these wire brackets are now available, thanks to  Gary.
It needs to be noted, however, that not all ram  engines are the same..Very
late 300Fs and all 300Gs do not use the head bolt  attached two wire bracket
under the power steering pump for wires #1 and  #3.  Instead, these cars use
the "standard" B engine bracket attached to  the valve cover bolt and are
routed over that cover.   Also, some  300Gs had a 2-wire type bracket
attached to a head bolt near #6  sparkplug.  300F and G brackets are not painted,
except those attached to  the head bolts or the valve cover.  These are, of
course, painted black  with the engine. The remainder are not painted as they
are put on later  when the ram manifolds are installed.

It should also be noted that all the brackets should be dipped in a rubbery
 material on the wire ends.  They do not appear to be so in the  photos.

Now, it has been a very long time since I did my ram K, and it is an hour
away, in storage. If memory serves, its wire bracket arrangement is quite
different.  I will defer to some member who can look at their original  car.
I know the big cast iron exhaust headers on the J and ram K make a
difference, but do not remember the details.  Do know they incorporate the  white
heat shielding wire sleeves where the wires route close to those  manifolds.
Can any 300J/ram K owners enlighten us?

300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 8/16/2011 6:58:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,