[Chrysler300] Driveshaft balancing

We have a pretty grumpy driveline owner here in West Michigan who refuses to consider balancing a driveshaft with a ball-and-trunion joint on it - standard issue on the '57 Chrysler at least.  This yahoo's statement is they were junk and unbalanceable when they were new and they still are - so forget it.  He says all you can do is hit the road and keep putting weights on the shaft with a hose clamp until the trial and error makes it better.  Then he all but hung up on me.

Look, Chrysler balanced many millions of them, and there's no way that it's impossible to do.  Matter of fact, there is already a small weight welded to my driveshaft from its origin.

I then called another driveline shop where they said that if I created a  4-5" diameter plate attached on that end by the 4 bolts, they thought they would be able to chuck the ball-and-trunion end in their machine and computer balance the shaft.

Is this the way to do it, or does someone out there have some tricks and advice on the best way to go about it?

Thanks.
Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional