Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Driveshaft balancing

Keith,
    So nice to cross that one off the list!  Now you can drive smoothly to Lake George in October!  300’ly, Rob Kern

From: Keith Boonstra
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:09 PM
To: Rob Kern
Cc: John Fowlie ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Driveshaft balancing

Yeehaa!

I just picked up my driveshaft from being high-speed balanced at Weller Truck Parts in Grand rapids, MI.  Turns out they and my company are co-sponsors of a pro-stock race car, so I guess that made them extra helpful.  Of course they loved the idea that it goes on a 300C.

He had no problem at all chucking the ball-and-trunnion end, but asked me to bring him the rear end yoke to chuck the cross end.  Probably for the better because now the yoke is in the balance equation as well.  The charge was only $45.

I asked if it would be smooth to 140mph, and he said "absolutely - as fast as you can get that car to go".  And BTW, in spite of what at one company in the driveline business said to me, apparently a ball-and-trunnion joint is a better joint than a cross joint, and the strong runners out of German engineering are making widespread use of the ball-and-trunnion style.

If anyone is looking for the same service you can contact Mike Lewis (a really great guy) there in their reman center at 616-794-2000 - tell him I sent you.

Again I repeat.  Yeehaa!

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Keith Boonstra

-