[Chrysler300] generator/charging issues 300E

[Chrysler300] generator/charging issues 300E

problem: I don't believe my system is charging, or if so, not enough.
1. Mopar guys who put car back together maintain they polarized the generator
2. several different shops claim the system is charging
3. ammeter stays at or just a hair under neutral on guage when running
4. no noticeable draw on ammeter guage in car when turn lights on, hi or low beam
5. significant discharge registered when heater fan is turned on
6. problem is car often barely turns over enough to start when warm unless I have fully charged the battery
7. have replaced starter
8. have switched batteries with the F & no problems there
9. drove it 80 miles or so, 1/2 at night after fully charging battery @ 2 amps over a day or so. slow starting reappeared 2 days later.

Question: does this sound like voltage regulator is not allowing enough charge to flow;  any other ideas?
Would the charging system tests show proper charging if generator was not properly polarized?
I am hesitant to drive it too far.

Thanks
Lindsey in Winnipeg

<*> Your email settings: