  From: Keith Boonstra
  To: Terry Mctaggart
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Wet Burps on a '57

  Terry, I've never had so many people telling me to put a cork in it.
  Guess I better listen up and do that.

  Sounds like we have no technical engineering diagnosis, and the old cork
  cure is all we can do. Chrysler never figured out what does it?

  Well, I think the cork will look better than hanging a 5 foot long
  diaper under the frame rail. It's a half-arse solution, but better than
  none. Actually I just grabbed my wife's wine bottle stopper and stuck
  it in there this morning. It's a rubber-ribbed dealie and it fit the
  tube perfectly. If I ever give it back to her, she'll never know the
  red stain is from Type F fluid.

  Thanks to all for giving it a try. And if somebody ever does figure out
  why so many have this problem, and what causes it, there are a lot of us
  who would want to know.

  Keith

  -

  On 9/13/2011 9:32 AM, Terry Mctaggart wrote:
  > Keith, this is Terry McTaggart, and I have experienced the same
  > problem, with a 58 DeSoto and my current 300D. I have a solution,
  > what I call the "Redneck answer", crude, cheap but very effective.
  > It's been on my 300D for decades. Get a rubber stopper (a cork, if
  > you will) of the appropriate size, and slice it halfway thru. Slip it
  > over the top of the dipstick, just under the cap, use a little rubber
  > cement, and you are done! Less than a buck, and all your problems go
  > away.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: