Re: [Chrysler300] 413 oll pump

Hi Bob,  I don't know how many miles are on your engine, But over the past 30 years working with Wedge engines, The first sigh of loosing oil pressure at Idle is usually  caused by Cam Bearings.  I'm getting ready to Rebuild the 383 in my Dodge Power Wagon and it started doing the same thing.  I went with the High Volume pump with very little change then I bought the spring that ups the pressure.  Only $10.00.  With all the changes I gained 15 lbs. cold at high speed.  Then when the engine got hot at idle my gauge showed 0 lbs.  Even though the lifters never rattled it really made me nervous.  The truck only has 356,000 miles on it so I parked it and bought me a new hemi Ram.  Over the years I have came across people who said they rebuilt there engine.   I always ask them if they changed there cam bearings.  ((Most said no because they didn't want to remove the engine to rebuild it.  If I were you I would put the high pressure spring in yours. Only takes 20 minutes and see if it helps.   Let Me know.    Gary Barker

From: Bob Jasinski
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:27 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 413 oll pump

I think it's time to replace the oil pump in my 300G. I'm noticing pressure
is dropping to a very low level on a hot day after a long drive while in
gear and idling (went to the Ironstone Concours in Murphys yesterday)

I looked at Rock Auto, and they list 3 different oil pumps all from the same
manufacturer (Sealed Power) and one is standard, the second is
"High-Volume", the 3rd is "High Pressure". Prices are only $10 more as you
go up.

What gives? Why should I go with a standard pump if the other two are so
close in price? Is there a problem going with a non-stock pump? Could it
blow out seals in an older rebuilt engine? Those in the know please share
your knowledge on this.

Thanks!

Bob J

<*> Your email settings: