Fw: [Chrysler300] Re: AUXILLARY FUEL PUMP

Fw: [Chrysler300] Re: AUXILLARY FUEL PUMP

Hi, Ryan:

Call me a shade trade mechanic (or anything else) if you will. When things
didn't quite look right on the dipstick (diluted oil), I held a lighted match
under the tip. If it burned it was time to check the carburater (especially for
deteriorated gaskets) or replace the fuel pump. If it didn't burn, it was time
to run the car under rainy or very humid conditions at night (when the dew point
was close to ambient temperature). Excessive white plumes from the
exhaust indicated a head gasket leak of the coolant into the combustion
chamber.

By no means a rocket science, however it fascinated customers at the gas station
some 50 years ago, with a high level of accuracy.

Best,
Ron Kurtz
E #292