From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of paul
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 3:24 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] FALL 2011 CLUB NEWS

On 12/12/2011 6:18 PM, Don Warnaar wrote:
> Paul and all,

> Chrysler used the same semi-automatic transmission in Dodge, DeSoto and
Chrysler.

> I believe it was called GyroMatic in Dodge, Tip Toe Hydraulic Shift in
DeSoto, and Prestomatic in Chrysler. Possibly Fluid-Matic was also used for
Chrysler. Later Fluid-Torque was used after a torque converter was added.

> Don Warnaar

well, that was my first car I got to spend any time at all driving as
'mine' and to a teenager in the mid 60's that seemed like it took 40
days and 40 nights to get thru the intersection after a full stop if I
left the lever in low. That and being a 4 door with a 6 banger.
:-)

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy