Re: [Chrysler300] Water + Oil = Doomed!

Not sure which car or engine you are referring
too, but certainly don't drive it with emulsified
oil, that will being the doom part to the fore
front.  Would also drain the oil and pull the
plugs and squirt oil or even WD-40 in there to
prevent rust in the cylinders in case the water is draining in that way.

I my experience, on most American V-8s with iron
heads, that could indicate a head gasket problem
or possibly intake manifold gasket problem if the
intake has water passages.  If the engine
suffered major overheating all bets are off.  I
would pull the heads and carefully remove, gasket
the gaskets, inspect the sealing surfaces of the
head and block for obvious damage or evidence of
blowby, as a starter.  Then go from there based
on what you find.  The heads can be checked for cracks and flatness once off.

Bill Huff

At 1/8/201202:43 PM, Matt Allyn wrote:

>I have been losing water from ye old radiator
>for awhile now. Pulled it and had it gone
>through and it was still disappearing. I
>expected the worst and now I have realized the worst.
>
>I pulled the dipstick out and lo and behold it
>is that lovely milky white shade of oil and
>water. So now I have to pull the heads and see
>if the crack stops there...or if I have to also pull the block. Drag!
>
>Question.....Can I drive it at all now or will I do great and further damage?
>
>Hey Thanks!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: