RE: [Chrysler300] 300D Interior Panels vs 300C

RE: [Chrysler300] 300D Interior Panels vs 300C

Delete now if not interested.

Athough far away in Australia, all my 3 300Cs were not export models, but were normal US build/model Cs, and when purchased from the 1st one in 1980, through to last one in 90s, all still all had unmodified original trim, and all had/have the discussed visible screws at the top ends of door panels, etc - and the screws are special somewhat flat domed head ones, diffrent to what one buys easily elsewhere, unlike other near all other chrome finish type screws used elsewhere on/in 300Cs.

Once before I suggested there were many special bolts, screws etc used on many easily visible places on our 300s that could perhaps yet be documented - this is one example - but over time they will all be eventually listed, just as date code markings/stampings are not yet all fully listed.
Other marques/Clubs face similar problems, some way ahead, others not so good - the ones that have best detail re what was used/done, often seem to attract highest resto/sale values for perfect cars, but others can determine if that because buyers more confident of 100% factory resto, or who knows ?!!
( I started a couple of years ago when restoing supercharged 300C to make a list of maybe 30 items/things, re what I saw/knew from having 3 unmolested 300Cs, 2 of which were only couple of days build apart, re what not yet detailed, but after mentioning couple of things I unsure about, re what was claimed versus what I saw/knew, I let it go when it seemed it a tricky subject/issue with some.)

US big annual Collector Car Auction scene about to begin soon - I see Mecum listing over 2,000 cars for one of theier next big Auctions - is that because lots looking to unload, or what?! - and does that mean there may be some cheap more common type car bargains out there, although rare desired car values still seem OK/good? Imports of US collector cars to Australia still going big - Mustangs still coming in and selling amazingly after near 30+ years - but no news lately of any/many early 300s. (A friend has a real nice dry low miles '62 300 (sport), 412 HP block with factory limited slip, 15 inch rims, radio delete etc - it about to go to rego in next couple of weeks, he going to sell it, as he more a 60s/70s sport bike man. He says it lays rubber at just a touch of throttle?!)

Our Australian historic/concession rego Laws here changing in Feb re some States - they planning setting a cutoff date for concession rego of Jan 1st 1979 - they are worried cars after this build date are too useable as daily drivers, and may try to avoid full annual rego of often around $850 -1,000 per annum, versus historic rego of abbout $70-$150 for higher use type historic regos.
(50s/60s Chryslers (mainly Imperials) here in Australia now more common, but they sometimes very hard to resell for good/fair prices, judging by times they advertised, but I might be wrong, bear always project cars offered - early 300s, restoed cars, near non existant here re mainstrean listings, unless it ones held by two brothers in Melbourne who just love these finned/hemi Mopars, plus collect some other nice rare marques/cars.)

Here Gas prices (over $7 a gal often for higher Octanes) and Laws/Speed Limits getting ever worse, but 'now older' 'Baby Boomers', buying old cars, Hotrods (booming huge here in that age bracket, around $70-90K common prices), early 70s Sport Bikes (such as 6 cylinder Honda CBXs), Harleys (new Big $$ ones especially), like there is no tomorrow - which for many mid 60s age people, who knows how many more tomorrows there are?! But despite all this 'car/bike love', not many 300s coming in, lately seems way more of the late 60s/hemi stuff though.

Enjoy while we can - have a good safe 300ly year where ever you are,
( and may the snows continue be late in Tennessee, as I have an old/70s bike finally being picked up there hopefully this week, and I do not want/need dramas in it getting to Container loader in CA.)

Christopher in Australia

CC: josh@xxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx