Re: [Chrysler300] G parts needed

What a mess!  Most of us have had to face the loss of parts by those who
are supposed to be helping us with a restoration, but rarely to this extent.

I'm just speculating here, Jay, but I have to wonder whether your
collector car insurer may be obligated to help you out here - presuming
you have such a policy.  It would seem arguable to me that these parts
have been "stolen" by your restorer, making them eligible for loss
coverage by the insurer as such.  By the time you are "made whole" on
this episode, it looks like the cost may be several thousand dollars.

It will surely help if you have photos of the car, and particularly the
interior, as evidence of its pre-loss condition.  If your insurance
policy does not cover this, I'm sure you have considered whether Small
Claims Court would be the place to go with this.  If you have paid the
restorer a reasonable amount for the work he has performed, and if he is
still sitting on your parts, the prospect of of having to deal with a
legal issue may encourage him to return them to you.

I agree with Tom Cox in saying that your best first source in replacing
your parts is Jeff Carter (425.672.8324).  (I think he is out until
Tuesday.)  It's amazing what he has available.

Good luck to you on this.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 2/10/2012 9:57 PM, Jay R wrote:

> Hello all, I sent my G conv to a restoration shop a complete car and
> took it back not so complete. Just another restoration horror story
> the details of which I will not bore you with as we all have one. The
> bottom line is the car came back with no interiorexcept the dash is in
> tact. I was able to get the seats, door panels sans all the door
> trim), and console shells with the aluminum inserts. Thats all I got
> back.Therefore, I need all the interior chrome and trim pieces. I have
> no tach, door panel inserts, handles, switches, etc. Any leads on
> replacing these parts would be greatly appreciated. I am also missing
> the 3 pcs of stainless steel that runs above the rear bumper and under
> the tail lights. These may be the same on a New Yorker?? I need the
> rear bumper guard rubber inserts and the "300" trunk numbers. One of
> the short pc of stainlees that sets in front of the G badge on the
> quarter panel is missing. I'm sure I will find a few more surprises
> before this is all over. Thanks for any help finding these parts. Jay
> Robinson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: