From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of christopher beilby
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 6:38 AM
To: Dave Swa300US; mr300f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] "F" hood release

My suggestion would be unless someone is likely to remanufacture a new
complete chrome release handle with new wire in it, would be:
1)  to remove handle with what left of steel wire cable attached (by pulling
it from inside cabin/car)
2) cut off remaing steel wire, lightly grind what left of it sticking out of
chrome so it now flush,
3) drill wire size hole into the remains of original steel wire (need to be
careful as chrome part is a softer diecast?!)
4) buy any car or farm machinery long choke or throttle cable setup that has
a long enough high quality same diameter steel wire - cut/pull wire out,
throw rest away.
5) on lower side of chrome pull handle, drill grub screw hole over mid part
of 1st drill hole just made for original/new steel wire, tap/thread grub
screw hole.
6) insert new steel pull wire into 1st drilled steel wire hole, fit/lock
grub screw into grub hole, so it now holds new steel wire in.
7) get back in cabin of car, start/thread end of new steel wire into dash
fitting until chrome release is fully in/home - go to front of car, cut
excess length off, lock into release mechanism as per original.

(a) Any one else got a simpler alternative - at least this way you do not
have to remove the chrome dash surround/mount - which is a real brain
stress/test try to refit securing screws from back of 300F/similar dash
shell.
(PLUS NEXT TIME WIRE BREAKS, just unscrew grub screw, fit new wire in maybe
less than 5 mins  - grub screw can be real small, flush slot head, not seen
by anyone except those who know why it done??!!)
(b) As I and likely many others are still waiting for 300C/D/D door armrest
bases which are likely way beter/higher volume seller after many promising
starts, I doubt anyone is going to tool up real soon making complete new F
etc hood release handles with needed steel wire cables ?!

Christopher in Australia