[Chrysler300] Jett Scores Media Award at Palo Alto Concours

[Chrysler300] Jett Scores Media Award at Palo Alto Concours

Dual-club member, meet host extraordinaire, raconteur, friend, Presbyterian elder and restorer of my ‘64K Red Rag Ram entered his beautiful red 1966 Chrysler 300 “M” convertible in the Chrysler Class at last week-end’s Palo Alto Concours d ‘Elegance   http://www.paconcours.com/  For 2012, the featured American marque was Chrysler.  Larry was awarded “an elegant Tiffany crystal dish from station KCBS inscribed with the thought that “the 66 300 was the one car they would like to drive”, followed by a nice hand from the audience. Truly a great day even without that accolade”.   Larry’s words, not mine.  He’s not one to toot his own whistle but I thought you’d want to share the recognition of the automovil and the hombre.  For those of you who have not seen Larry’s ’66, he has attached an “M” medallion from a ’99 Chrysler M to it as an indication of “what might have been”.  IF Chrysler had continued the lettercar series, the ’66 would have been an “M”.   Those that do know Larry may appreciate his subtle humor.

I missed that show, but hope to attend the two-day event next year in that beautifully restored Red Ram Rag.  You can help me by finding me an affordable 413 300K ram engine complete.  Block ID: C300K plus date, please, please, please.  Leads have surfaced, for which I am grateful.

I did attend the annual MoPars in the Park in Rancho Cordova on Saturday.  The park was full of MoPars from a ’26 Dodge to current offerings.  MoPar guys really love and respect the 300’s.  There were three letter cars and several Sport models judged in separate classes.  Dual-club members Selby, Warrener and I finished in that order with our  ’65, ’62 and ’55 coupes.  Dual-club member DeAndrea Van Tree brought his latest acquisition—a T-Topped ’79 Cordoba 300, originally purchased by Richard Carpenter—a collector of pristine 300’s.

Both of these events are wonderful venues to show a 300 and are worth considering for future years.

C-300-K’ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

<*> Your email settings: