From: Rich Barber-Desktop <c300@xxxxxxx>
To: 'Mark Schueller' <f41324@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; 'Chrysler 300 Club' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Jun 26, 2012 10:52 pm
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] '62 Chrysler 300 4-door

http://www.chrysler300site.com/cgibin/history.cgi?1962
History Of the Chrysler Three Hundred Series - 1962
Nineteen sixty-two saw not only the continued production of the "Letter
eries" with the 300H, in two door hardtop and convertible styles, but also
he introduction of an entry level three hundred model produced in two door
ard top, convertible and, new for '62, both four-door hard top and a four
oor sedan body styles.
It seems that most manufacturers cannot resist the temptation to hang
restigious model names on mundane versions after a few years.  This is
alled marketing and generally produces short-term results, depending on the
trength of the brand.  Strong brands/model names tend to live on as witness
00's, Chargers, Challengers, Rams, Impalas and Mustangs.  The concept can
e pushed too far, such as was the case with the latter-day GTO.
Rich Barber
rentwood, CA

rom: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
ehalf Of Mark Schueller
ent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:58 AM
o: Chrysler 300 Club
ubject: [Chrysler300] '62 Chrysler 300 4-door

There is a burgundy '62 Chrysler 300 4-door with black interior for sale in
lymouth, Wisconsin, $3900 OBO. The body is average, the dash pad is badly
racked and I have no idea if it runs. I can check the car out and take
ictures if anyone is interested but please talk to the owner first. Two
hone numbers were listed: 262-353-2336 and 920-467-1777.
ps: I didn't know there was such a thing as a 300 4-door. The car looks
riginal except for the color.
Mark Schueller

roup" button
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo!