Re: [Chrysler300] WANTED: 300K Ram Spark Plug Wire Set and Rear Bow Tens

Re: [Chrysler300] WANTED: 300K Ram Spark Plug Wire Set and Rear Bow Tension C...

David and All:
When I worked with the guy at Lectric Limited on the '60, '61 wires a  few
years ago, he said they did not have any source at that time for  the
special wires the 300K ram engine used.  I got the impression they  would be
expensive if he had them. They were the brownish wires like the  Hemi used in
those years.  The AMA specs note that the "300K option" used  "synthetic rubber
with silicone jacket" wires instead of "hypalon  jacket"----whatever that
means.  I just remember from the time when the  cars were new, that their
wires were brownish.  In the later 70's when I  restored my ram K engine the
closest thing I could find were some "orangish"  wires, so that is what it
got.  (Probably should have looked harder.)   $875 still is a lot of money for
the wires, even if they are original  type.
300ly, Gil C.

In a message dated 7/21/2012 5:55:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,