Fw: [Chrysler300] Exhaust manifolds 300D

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: John Lazenby <french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Larry Jabin <larry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Exhaust manifolds 300D

IMO the problem with either style is they are just to close to the steering box and generate heat.  The tube headers could be wrapped and that would work or at least help.  I see attempting the "wrap" with the cast units more of a hassle.

I do run a set of NOS factory "truck" cast headers on our "B" and they work great.  No fit issue but when the exhaust system was fabricated to accommodate these manifolds there was a clearance issue close to the starter.  So now should I need to remove the starter I'd need to drop the exhaust pipe from the manifold.  This set does NOT have the replacement flat part and I suspect it flows better than the modified version.

Should some of you order the cast headers in the discussion make sure they can supply the matching 4 bolt flange for the exhaust pipe.  When I did my conversion no one had these and I had several sets built that were sold off.  At that time Felpro was offering the 4 bolt gasket.  If someone needs that part # PM me and I'll check my inventory as I think I still have a set of the flanges and gaskets for a possible future project.

Unless you want to Drag Race a Letter Car I see no point.  Over the weekend I had our 300C out for two events and it goes down the road just fine with the factory installed units.

John L.