[Chrysler300] Fw: The Passing of a Legend

From: Rob Kern
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:37 PM
To: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: The Passing of a Legend

Hello 300’ly to all:  I was very saddened to learn of George’s passing this am from Gloria Moon.  I spoke with Michael Burke last night and was prepared for the inevitable.  Dr. Collins chatted with me about George’s status the day he was released to be transferred to Coldwater.  As objective as one can get about medical facts, the subjective impact of learning of the passing of a friend and confidant is never received without shock.  George and Eleanor are in Heaven and will be at all the Meets and never have to worry about mechanical failures, meet attendance, dash plaques, hard luck awards, banquet speaches, etc.,etc.etc.  They can bask in glory of what they GAVE to all of us.  Forty-Two years ago they gave birth to an entity that has touched the lives of thousands and brought joy to the hearts of many.  George gave us more than a HOBBY.  He was the patriarch of a family.  Sure he behaved at times like that role, much to our chagrin, but acted with a vision for what he felt was best for our group of 300 disciples. I always felt so comfortable to query George about technical and administrative issues regarding our cars and the Club.  George supplied the tartness in the bowel of strawberries and cream.  You wouldn’t want it any other way.  He showed us how to enjoy our cars even to the point of sacrificing his beloved J in a parking lot in Maine.  135 MPH on a Sunday morning in his J and being stopped by one of Michigan’s finest didn’t deter him from exercising his ‘Brute.  How he finessed getting off with a warning is only what happens to Legends.  I could go on for the length of some of our more popular list server threads but I won’t.  We’ll save that for hospitality suite and parking lot time at future Meets.  I must state how I was struck with the irony that the last Meet George attended was where else but....Lake GEORGE!  Also, that he passed away in the location of a previous 300 Club International Meet...Coldwater, Michigan, is very apropos.  Thanks for the ride George!  We are praying for the immediate Riehl family and that of the Chrysler 300 Club International.  Marnie and Rob Kern

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)