[Chrysler300] Fony "F??"

Saw several 300s at Auburn the past couple days - a B, 4 Cs, a D, an "F??," a G., a K and 2 '63 Pacesetter convertibles. Also good to see several Club members.

The "F??" - s/n 8403125210 - appeared suspicious. An Alaskan White coupe, one could possibly overlook minor items such as: wrong ('61/'62) dash pad, '62 steering wheel center, several missing weatherstrip and door trim pieces, no glovebox cardboard, no working right taillight, non-300 carpeting that didn't have the metal w/rubber inserts foot pads but instead had plain black rubber sown into the carpet, a right side door that had to be heavily coaxed to close, no right horn on the radiator support, no seatback spring in the front right seat, painted hoodlatch plate, dash painted a very light shade of tan, non-'60 Temp gauge.

But then there was no build data plate, and Monte Gillespie pointed out that the inner fenders were wrong - no cutouts for the removable panels to get at the spark plugs, etc. I'm sure there were many more problem items.

I have some photos if interested. I don't know the name of the dealer selling this. It was a no-sale at $47,500 - a "Still for Sale" sign on the windshield after the auction noted a $55,000 selling price.

Anyone familiar with this vehicle?

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL

<*> Your email settings: